Position: Teacher Assistant
Date Posted: 4/7/2023
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: Salary Scale $20,000 – $25,000
Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid educational aide certification (to be obtained if hired by IIGP)
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned. 12. Other duties as assigned.
Copier, Personal computer, typewriter, and audiovisual equipment
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non ambulatory students. Exposure to biological hazards.
NOTE: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills that may be required.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.