Position: Special Education Teacher
Date Posted: 2/9/2023
Reports To: Excecutive Director
Salary Scale: Competitive
Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university Valid Mississippi teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with
- Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology in the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as Sponsor outside activities approved by ED. Director/principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer This includes intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to 18. Consult with district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional
- Implement procedures and coordinate the process to identify and serve students with disabilities, including review of student data and evaluation of
- Assist in developing and conducting staff development sessions, including sessions on delivery of instruction, development of standards-based individual educational plans, enriched learning in classroom settings, and special education processes, and statewide
- Provide resources and support to campus administrators and staff regarding special education programs.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with campus staff, parents, and
- Consult with staff and parents regarding the needs of
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
NOTE: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills that may be required.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.