Position: School Custodian
Date Posted: 07/05/2023
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Wage/Hour Status: $21,000 – $26,000
Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the facility. Follow routine cleaning and custodial procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations.
High school diploma or GED.
Proficient skills in keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance
Basic math skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases and do word processing
Proficient skills in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Publisher
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Three years secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, white boards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
- Report minor and major repair needs to Head Custodian.
- Move furniture or equipment within building .
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Inspect facilities for defectives, damages, and necessary repairs.
Power tools, hand tools,
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must be able to work irregular hours. Continual walking, standing, climbing, using power lifts, scaffolds, ladders, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, crawling, kneeling, squatting, reaching, entering enclosed spaces. Working outside and inside in extreme temperatures and conditions, exposure to the elements, dust fumes, odors, chemicals, noises, mechanical and electrical hazards. Routine exposure to slippery and uneven surfaces. Daily travel within the district.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.