Position: Director of Academics
Date Posted: 4/13/2023
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Scale: $60,000 – $70,000
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct, plan, evaluate and provide leadership for the overall instructional programs of the school/district. Provide leadership of campus operations related to instruction and accountability. Responsible for the effective implementation of the curriculum and teacher development.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction at all levels
- Ability to plan effectively, organize, implement, and evaluate plans Ability to formulate ideas and communicate effectively
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent skill in conflict resolution.
At least 3-5 years job related experience; and three years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional and Program Management:
- Serve as a contributing member of the school/district’s Leadership Team and collaborate with the other functional
- Align the work of the Curriculum and Instruction department to monitor school performance and assure effective and efficient operation of campuses while providing leadership, support, and technical assistance to district and campus staff relative to assessment, curriculum, instructional methodology, and the integration of
- Provide organizational leadership to ensure the coordinated planning and consistent implementation of the district’s strategic plan, making certain that programs and supports are effective and focused on student learning and prioritized to meet individual campus
- Demonstrate and develop high academic and behavioral expectations, collaborative planning and program development, responsive management, and personal accountability within the assigned department(s) and all
- Establish an appropriate framework for curriculum documents, procedures and criteria for the evaluation of curriculum and a schedule for curriculum planning, implementation, and
- Establish procedures for the evaluation and selection of instructional resources, supplies, and
- Coordinate the planning and development of all innovative instructional
- In collaboration with the Executive Director conduct classroom visitations to assess program implementation and instructional effectiveness through the calibration
- Provide the supervision of the standardized testing program and other assessment activities to evaluate student progress and program effectiveness;
- Provide the supervision of the reporting of student performance, including, but not limited to: progress reports, report cards, standardized test results, awards, and other accomplishments to parents, the school community, and the general
- Provide leadership in policy development related to curriculum, instruction, and campus
- Provide effective communication with the Board of Trustees through the Superintendent’s direction.
- Assign responsibilities, delegate specific tasks, and evaluate the performance of personnel in the instructional department.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a professional development plan to provide appropriate orientation, preservice training, in-service training, and other professional growth opportunities for staff.
- Foster a work environment and culture that is student-focused and results-oriented and place a priority on improving student and staff learning through a rigorous and routine accountability structures.
- Assist in the development of appraisal procedures for teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, and other staff members.
- Consider administrative staff needs; assist in screening and selecting personnel for various instructional leadership Administration and Fiscal Management:
- Develop and monitor the annual budget for the Department of Instruction.
- Assist with campus budget development to ensure that resources are properly aligned with District and campus needs.
- Meet and work with community groups on instructional and curriculum
- Represent the school district at community meetings and functions as appropriate Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervise and evaluate personnel in the instructional department.
- Assist in the evaluation of principals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with campus staff, parents, and
- Consult with staff and parents regarding the needs of
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non ambulatory students. Exposure to biological hazards.
NOTE: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills that may be required.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.