Position: School Secretary, Office Manager
Date Posted: 07/05/2023
Reports To: Executive Director
Wage/Hour Status: $30,000 – $35,000
Organize and manage the routine work activities of the school office and provide clerical services to the Executive Director and other staff members.
High school diploma or GED Associates Degree preferred.
Proficient skills in keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance Basic math skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases and do word processing
Proficient skills in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Publisher Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Three years secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence:
- Plan, coordinate and organize office activities and coordinate flow of communications; ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, , for the Executive Director, School Board and other department staff members as needed.
- Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various reports.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data, records and reports; establish and maintain filing systems.
- Perform a variety of highly skills, responsible, complex and confidential secretarial and administrative assistant duties.
- Maintain physical and computerized departmental files.
- Maintain departmental records as needed.
- Assist in gathering open records pertaining to employees.
- Prepare documents for the Executive Director.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks, including simple arithmetic operations.
- Process purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Answer incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments, coordinate and make travel arrangements for department staff, make reservations.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to department staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Process background checks on campus volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor inventory levels of office supplies and equipment; contact vendors to coordinate purchases and request product information; receive and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as directed.
- Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for substitute teachers
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff. Files:
- Update handbooks, policy manuals, and other documents as assigned.
Personal computer, typewriter, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
NOTE: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills that may be required.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.