Position: Family Engagement Coordinator
Date Posted: 1/16/2023
Reports To: Counselor/Director of Student Services
Coordinate the school’s program for family engagement by serving as the liaison between school and parents. Ensure that Title I, Part A parent involvement regulations are met with meaningful and strategic actions to build parent capacity. Provide teachers and staff with strategies on how to communicate and work effectively with parents as equal partners. Provide opportunities to develop effective family school partnerships to support student achievement and school improvement; Provide parents with training and learning opportunities based on data driven interests and needs. Expand opportunities for school interaction and participation. Provide referrals for community-based services for families.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of strategies to engage family and community members
- Initiative to utilize technology applications, student management systems, Microsoft applications, PowerPoint, Google, etc.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact, and draw valid conclusions Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a school setting
- Experience working in the community, creating and maintaining positive relationships with the community and all stakeholders
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and coordinate programs and activities to increase family and community
- Develop and coordinate a series of family and parent training sessions and programs to increase family and parental
- Research current studies on parental engagement, identify best practices of parent resources and parent outreach, and develop a toolkit for educators of best practices and parent engagement materials.
- Collect and analyze family and community engagement data to adjust and refine programs/services; prepare documents, summaries, management reports, and implementation plans as
- Assist in the development of a Parent Engagement Training
- Support campus-level summer
- Serve as a resource for school-related organizations, including Parent-Teacher Association,
- Provide technical assistance to school staff to achieve a broader understanding of the student community and family
- Inform parents and students through a variety of forums, including face-to-face and community meetings and online
- Ability to work flexible
- Distribute and collect Parent Compacts
- Ability to host parent meetings off-site and in the local community and /or neighborhoods.
- Participate in professional conferences and other learning
- Planning and initiating innovative recruitment efforts for student
- Complete an evaluation to assess the needs of parents, review annual reports, to evaluate the effectiveness of the Parent engagement
- Develop, analyze, and distribute the results of program evaluations to the
- Serve on campus committees as a liaison between the school and the
- Produce and disseminate materials and information pertaining to the Family and Community Engagement program to various publics in multiple
- Conduct professional development in-service as requested to promote positive campus/staff/volunteer/partner relationships and
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Counselor/Director of Student Services
- Support counseling program with the development of SEL lessons as determined by community needs assessment.
Consult with administration to facilitate implementation of parent communication campaigns and parent events promoting student achievement, college awareness, and parent engagement.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, Mississippi Department of Education, and the local board policy.
NOTE: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills that may be required.
Instant Impact Global Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.